- Conducts risk-based audits and continuous monitoring activities of the Bank entities in the region.
- Identifies and assesses potential risks to the business.
- Reviews the adequacy of controls established to ensure compliance with the Group Guidelines, Bank General Directives, and other bank policies, plans, local procedures, and business objectives.
- Assesses the reliability and security of financial and management information and the systems and operations that produce this information; means of safeguarding assets.
- Reviews established procedures and systems and proposing improvements.
- Assists and advises management on the prevention of fraud and defalcation, unethical practices, code of conduct, insider dealing.
- Appraises the use of resources with regard to economy, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Audits the following: KYC due diligence including money laundering controls; services and operations, equities trading platforms, hedge funds, structured products, credit and lending, regulatory compliance, sophisticated financial products.
- Aids in the preparation of reports (including annual risk assessment and development of the annual audit plan) to various levels of management and the Asia Audit and Risk Committee.
- Coordinates activities with the external auditors to facilitate effective communication, avoid duplication or timing conflicts, and achieve optimal cost effectiveness.
- Provides on-going support to the audits of other Asia Region.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in auditing with private banking or asset management background, and with emphasis in regulatory & compliance requirements
- CIA, CPA or CFE preferred
- Experience in performing financial and operational audits using a risk-based audit approach
- Strong knowledge of accounting, banking, operations, HKMA banking regulations
- Ability to identify and recommend best practices
- Excellent communication and report writing