- Ensures an effective, risk-controlled and regulatory compliant operating environment for the Private Banking (PB) function based in HK.
- Performs first level quality assurance and reviews for client on-boarding matters (including CIPs, a/c dox) and periodic reviews.
- Performs supervisory pre-trade selling suitability assurance reviews.
- Perform authentication controls for transfer over threshold.
- Maintains Front office policy and procedures upkeep to regulatory and control standard
- Conducts Front Office trainings for new policy change and refresher training.
- Supports on-boarding of and provides training to new Relationship Managers (RM) and Assistant Relationship Managers (ARM) on systems, processes, and policies.
- Acts as facilitator for RM / ARM providing support and acting as coordinator in day-to-day activities and issues.
- Deals with ARM support matters including back up arrangements.
- Works with Business Risk Management in order to ensure effectiveness / efficiency of the First Line of Defense.
- Represents the front office in different working groups to drive strong risk culture in the front office.
- Contributes to enhancement and automation of control processes in the front office.
- Manages Front Office audits and operational risk incidents and ensures appropriate PB representation in Risk and Compliance governance committees.
- Drives various initiatives and actively engage in PB related initiatives – represent PB as SME as needed and provides the necessary support to ensure preparedness of PB staff (impact assessment, process and procedure, and training) as change projects are implemented.
- Supports ad hoc projects / initiatives and other duties