- Accountable for the development of a comprehensive business risk and control assessment for all aspects of risk and reviewing this on a regular basis.
- Responsible for ensuring that a comprehensive risk based control monitoring programme exists across the function, evidencing the adequacy and effectiveness of key controls.
- Responsible for the development of a strong risk awareness and client fairness culture across all aspects of the business
- Conducts Themetic Reviews of the business and identifies new risks in the front line. Produce management report on findings.
- Accountable for the proactive escalation, reporting, provision of advice and challenge in relation to the business activities and business process change, to the end that the risk profile of the business remains within its risk appetite.
- Undertakes any other duties within the Business Risk Management or as directed by the Head of Business Risk Management.
- Manages Risk Scorecard and ensures proper tracking, execution and integrity of the score card.
- Builds strong relationships and credibility with key internal stakeholders so as to represent Business Risk effectively.
- Provides counsel to front office staff on investment advisory activities to ensure compliance with in-house policies & procedures and local regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor degree or above in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or related field
- 5 to 10 years of experience in financial or banking industries
- Experience with general business risk management, including control frameworks are preferred
- Understanding of products and Wealth regulatory banking environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, adapt and adjust to changing work priorities and to multitask
- Communicates with clarity and purpose both in written and verbal formats
- Exceptional soft skills with the ability to challenge the controls while also getting stakeholder buy-in.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks and deadlines with timely responses and resolutions